Youth leaders from around the world have called for a climate strike and global week of action from September 20th-27th. They have been taking the lead so far, but now they are calling on all of us to take action. In Washington, DC we will be answering the call and building on the momentum of the youth climate strikes in a major way:
On September 23rd, we are going to shut down DC.
We will block key infrastructure to stop business-as-usual, bringing the whole city to a gridlocked standstill. Parents, workers, college students, and everyone who is concerned about the climate crisis will skip work and school and put off their other responsibilities to take action on the climate crisis.
Join us–Come to a Training
Hear about our plan to #ShutDownDC and get the skills you need to be healthy and safe in the streets!
- #ShutDownDC Direct Action Training — Saturday, September 21 from 11am to 2pm
- How We’re Going to #ShutDownDC – Orientation and Overview — Saturday, September 21 from 3-4pm
- #ShutDownDC Direct Action Training — Sunday, September 22 from 11am to 2 pm
- Know Your Rights Training — Sunday, September 22 from 2pm to 3pm
- How We’re Going to #ShutDownDC — Orientation and Overview — Sunday, September 22 from 4pm to 5pm
See You in the Streets!
Two dozen affinity groups have come together to make plans to take action all over the district to disrupt business as usual. If you want to get involved in one of those actions you should come to one of the trainings and we can help you get plugged in. But if you can’t make it to a training or just want to join us in the streets you can meet us at four public meet-up locations:
- Hancock Park/L’Enfant Metro Station with Rising Tide at 6:30am
- Folger Park with Black Lives Matter DC at 6:30am
- Columbus Circle with 350.org DC at 7am
- Farragut Square with Extinction Rebellion at 7:30am